Monday, July 20, 2009

Training Day 19

Today was my first time back to the mat in about a week. It is summer here in San Diego and my days are getting busier. With running a business, scuba diving, being married, posting blog entries and working a night job sometimes there is just not enough hours in the day to get in my Aikido training. The past week has been the perfect storm with my schedule and my sleep time occurred exactly during class times. Upon our arrival into the dojo as uchideshis I did not anticipate to get so busy and even considered hiring someone to cover my dives. But after trial and error I have decided that I am the best one for the job and have decided to continue doing the dives myself. With a full schedule, my mat time is decreasing and my uchideshi experience is becoming dilluted by outside forces. As mentioned before, Uchideshi means live in student. One thats trains rigorously under the sensei of the dojo. Some say that being a uchideshi requires forty hours or more of commitement per week. I am not sure at this time how long this journey will continue to last nor do I know in what direction it will go. But I do I know that I like Aikido being in my life and I will continue to train as often as possible.

to be continued...........

1 comment: