Friday, July 17, 2009

Training Day 18

I have just returned to the mat after sitting out for two weeks due to an injury. On training day 17, I irritated a previous injury to my left ankle, overstretching a tendon underside the ankle. After a visit to the ER and wearing a removable cast on my leg for two weeks I am now starting to ease back to the mat. It seems to be doing just fine for the moment and I hope it stays that way. My first testing shall be coming up soon (after 20 days). I have learned much about aikido and being a uchideshi thus far. I have learned that it is not easy and give my fullest respects to those that train diligently. I have also learned that, as in life, we must train ourselves to blend with others and when necessary use love to combat opposition.

"True budo is a work of love. It is a work of giving life to all beings, and not killing or struggling with each other. Love is the guardian of everything. Nothing can exist without it. Aikido is the realization of love".

"Victory at the expense of others is not true victory. Winning means winning over the mind of discord within yourself. Aiki is not a technique to fight with or defeat the enemy. It is a way to reconcile the world and make human beings one family."

Give to the one who begs from you; and don't turn away the one who tries to borrow from you. Matt. 5:48-43

"Be as compassionate as your Father is. Don't pass judgment, and you won't be judged; don't condemn, and you won't be condemned; forgive, and you'll be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you: they'll put in your lap a full measure, packed down, sifted and overflowing. For the standard you apply will be the standard applied to you." Luke 6:31-38

"Just as fire is extinguished by water, hatred can only be defeated by love and compassion." - 14th Dalai Lama

"I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction.Yet true happiness comes from a sense of peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultivation of altruism, of love and compassion, and elimination of ignorance, selfishness, and greed." - 14th Dalia Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment