Monday, June 29, 2009

Training Day 16




Humility:

"In reality there is perhaps not one of our natural passions so hard to subdue as pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself...For even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my humility." - Benjamin Franklin

"The test of a truly great man or woman is their humility. I do
not mean by humility, doubt of their own power. But really great people have a curious
feeling that the greatness is not in them, but through them. And they see something divine
in every other person and are endlessly, foolishly, incredibly merciful.” - John Ruskin

To begin Aikido, like all martial arts, we begin with humility, and end with humility.
"The rice plant bends as its grains develop."

No comments:

Post a Comment